"Go to" next lesson button disappeared

"Go to" next lesson button disappeared

by Michelle Rae -
Number of replies: 7

I have 2 courses - an English version and a French version.  All of a sudden the "go to" next lesson button disappeared on the english version.  When a user completes a lesson, they are "booted" out of the course and taken back to the topic outline page. 

I have checked all of the course and lesson settings and they have not changed. 

Any idea what this issue could be?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michelle Rae

Re: "Go to" next lesson button disappeared

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Which moodle version: 1.9.x or 2.0?

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Anne Sexton -

I have the same problem/question.

Moodle 2.03+ Build 20110511

I have a lesson with three content pages followed by a question page.  On the question page, for the jump after correct answer I have "End of Lesson" set.  When the end of lesson page appears, there is no choice for next lesson.  When I look at the dropdown of jump choices on the question page, the only ones available are the relatives ones and the absolute ones for the current lesson.

There is no next lesson choice only back to course on the End of Lesson Page.

Even if I set it to Next Page, it goes to an end of lesson page with no choice for next lesson.  This will be a real problem in my case, as this course it to be taken in one sitting and the navigation will be a nightmare without this capability

Thanks!

Anne Sexton

In reply to Anne Sexton

by Anne Sexton -
Found an answer to my question in Cherie's answer to another question:  But...button says "Return to Go to: (next lesson)."  "Go to:" would make much more sense than "Return to Go to..." I'll have to research how I can change that

Cherie Mack
- Friday, 20 May 2011, 02:38 AM

Go to Site Administration>Advanced Features> enable Completion
tracking
enable Conditional Availability
ensure Progress tracking is set for students
All this info is from the newly published book by Mary Cooch - Moodle 2.0
First Look - I HIGHLY recommend it!
In reply to Anne Sexton

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Anne,

Thanks for pointing to this buggy display of "Return to Go to..." activity link in the Lesson activity. I have reported this in the bug tracker as MDL-27922, which you may vote for if you like. I have also provided an easy fix.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Jenny Yim -

I am currently using moodle 2.0.3 and did notice this same problem.

Someone suggested I change themes.

I went from Anomaly to fusion theme to leatherbound. The next lesson button appeared on both the fusion and leatherbound theme. Then, I returned to anomaly theme and the lesson button then suddenly appeared.

In reply to Jenny Yim

by Joseph Rézeau -

Did you clear the themes cache systematically after you switched to different themes?

In reply to Jenny Yim

by Joseph Rézeau -

Sorry, Jenny, but this discussion is getting more and more confused and I do not understand what you mean by "I did notice this same problem" and "The next lesson button appeared etc.".

So that we can help could you please state clearly your problem, post some clear screenshots, give a step-by-step scenario of what you are doing, what you would expect to see and what you are seeing instead.

Thanks in advance,

Joseph