Small change to grade overview report

Small change to grade overview report

by Andy Muir -
Number of replies: 9

Hi All

Im relativly new to php, but understand the basics. Im trying to adapt the grade/report/overview so that you see the course fullname instead of course shortname. I thought this would be fairly straight forward but everything I try doesnt seem to work. Does anyone have any pointers on what I need to change?

Thanks

Andy

In reply to Andy Muir

Re: Small change to grade overview report

by Steve van Ommen -

I believe its defaulted to show only shortname - you could always just go back into settings and put in your full course name in the short name field.

In reply to Andy Muir

by Teresa Gibbison -

Hi Andy

Steve is right, a quick look at the code shows that the $courseid field may be used.

If you have any programming knowledge (or at least more then me!) you could alter the field via grade/report/overview/index.php

I hope this helps you get started smile
Cheers
Teresa

In reply to Andy Muir

by Sandi Lyman -

Andy, I too would like to change the program ID to the full program name. I have looked in the overview/index.php and tried changing the $course->id to $course->fullname. Unfortunately that didn't give me any results.

Does anyone out there know how the achieve this easy fix.

Changing the short course name is not an option for me as I have 79 courses and a database that enrolls students automatically using the short course name.

HELP HELP HELP PLEASE.

In reply to Sandi Lyman

by Derek Runions -

Has anyone found a solution for this?

I am also trying to get the Overview Report to display the Course Full Name

AND

Also trying to get it to display alphabetically...

Ideas?

In reply to Derek Runions

by John Hughes -

As I reported in another threat the grade report does seem to be in a strange order - its almost in course/lesson order- but not quite.

We would like it in lesson order - so perhaps we could request an enhancement so that the grade book is displayed based on a number of different criteria?

John

In reply to John Hughes

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I suggest putting a feature request in on tracker and then posting the link here so that people can vote for it.  Currently it displays in the order that activities are added.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by yuki yuki -
I would like to see full course name in overview report but also I do not want to put course full name in the short name box...any idea please????Moodle 1.9
In reply to yuki yuki

Overview Report Course Full Names displayed

by John McDonald -

Has there been ANY movement on this?? We need the Overview report to show Course Full Name as well. I too have tried a few edits to try to adjust what is displayed, but it either does nothing, or kicks out a php error. 

In reply to Andy Muir

by Bob Puffer -

Don't know what you've gotten into but this is a one line change in grade/report/overview/lib.php function fill_table change:

$courseshortname = format_string($course->shortname, true, array('context' => $coursecontext));

to:

$courseshortname = format_string($course->fullname, true, array('context' => $coursecontext));