Moodle Feature user/requests survey

Moodle Feature user/requests survey

by Bill Pull -
Number of replies: 4

Hello I am doing research on Moodle for a class at university. I am wondering if anyone would like to help me out with my research.

I want to learn about what Moodle is lacking in as it is open source and anyone can contribute. Also about what partners are the best to work with?

Here is my original survey:

First off if there is a sub forum that has feature requests I would appreciate anyone who could point that to me.
here are the questions that I would like answered in this thread if anyone can help me:
1) What about setting up a classroom takes the longest?
2) What processes do you think need more automation?
3) What features do you use the least?
4) Are there any costs associated with your implementation?
hardware, software, support, hosting, hours of setup / human capital
5) Is there an aspect of the traditional classroom that you cannot recreate through your system?
6) What part of your system does not work the way you would like?
7) Are you part of a school system that chose Moodle or an individual?
8) Did you install the service yourself or did you use a Moodle Partner? if so which partner?
9) What 3rd Party modules do you use frequently? What would you like to add to this module.
10) Please message me with some contact information if I can contact you later with further questions.
Average of ratings: Not very cool (1)
In reply to Bill Pull

Re: Moodle Feature user/requests survey

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Bill,

Your survey requires registering with Microsoft first. That is a poor way to start off making a relationship with an open source community.  mixed

Why don't you try making a survey in an open source survey tool (even better, a Moodle tool!). And you might expand your profile to establish trust (see mine) and explain why taking this survey will help the Moodle community. If it helps Moodle, some people may be convinced to spend the time.

Cheers, Don  smile

In reply to Don Hinkelman

by Bill Pull -

Oh I am sorry you could not view the survey I built it in Google docs assuming anyone could view it.

EDIT---

My school's email which I copied the link out managed to redirect to live mail VERY SORRY.

here is the original link

https://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dFd0Sld0dWRheHl3UjJQNVM1Sk9MSlE6MQ

Google shortened link(just in case): http://goo.gl/6PNU4

In reply to Bill Pull

by Bill Pull -

Following up on this post with some suggestions from the next user. I do not have time to fill out an extensive profile at the moment but I would like to open up more about why I am trying to get these survey questions answered.

I am part of a group that is working on a software project for school. Our university uses Blackboard and we want to come up with a proposal to replace Blackboard with Moodle with data to back it up other than the obvious advantages of it being free and open source.

In discussion with our professor we have to do more than just outline the system requirements and specifications to complete the project. So we decided too look into the feature set of Moodle and see what it is missing as well as wrap in some of the most common modules and brand it for our university. We are only student coders but if we have success with the creation of a useful module we will commit it to the community as well as any possible improvements or bug reports.

So it would be very helpful if anyone could offer feedback to the questions above.

In reply to Bill Pull

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for the explanation, Bill. I answered the survey and hope the information is useful for you. I recommend everyone try to do the survey (only 5-8 minutes long) as it will help a university switch from Blackboard to Moodle. Good project guys! Later, please post your final report here if possible--I would love to read the results.