ERROR: You need to create the directory /htdocs/moodledata with web server write access

ERROR: You need to create the directory /htdocs/moodledata with web server write access

by Robbin Watson -
Number of replies: 1
I cannot figure out where to change this so that the web server will recognize it.  I'm running Moodle on a Windows server using Apache.  I keep getting this error message and I've opened the moodledata directory up to the whole world. Help!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robbin Watson

Re: ERROR: You need to create the directory /htdocs/moodledata with web server write access

by Andrea Bicciolo -

Robbin, you should check the Apache user in windows, then give to this user write access to the moodledata folder. Would also be better to place the moodledata folder outside the web space.

If you are running on win200 or xp, to check users, right click "My Computer" then select "manage": Will appear a management console with many icons. Check for "Users and groups" and expand it by clicking the plus sign. Now click on Users and check your users.

When found, go to the moodledata folder, right click it and select "properties". From the popup window select the third tab (should be "Security") check the users. To add users, click the "Add.." button.

Hope this help.