wide web page - http://elearn.you10.net/Moodle/

how can i prevent this appearing

Average of ratings: -
In reply to james aco

Re: MemMed_Main_Theme-top menu

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi James,

Looking at your site, you have a fluid width theme, but when you reduce the width of the screen, the menu ends up being longer than the screen width and so overlaps onto the next line.

I would suggest the ways around this are either:

1. in the css give your page a minimum width to hold the entire menu - this might not be suitable if a significant number of users have smaller resolution screens

2. reduce the width of the menu by reducing the font/padding in each of the items - but they look good as they are so I don't think that's a very good way to go

3. reduce the number of items on the menu by combining some of them as sub-menus

I'm assuming you don't want the menu items to just not show - if they weren't important you wouldn't have them there!

Personally, I would probably go with a combination of 1 and 3, and if you let me know, I'd be glad to try to help if you get stuck.

Richard

In reply to james aco

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I would strongly suggest you consider taking the date off the menu bar and move it to another place, or leave it off all together. Then I would suggest you change the two links you have in the menu which look like telephone numbers and put them in a sideblock of their own. This would give you more space in the menu which you so obviously need.

I would also make the #surround {width: 95%; margin: 0 auto;} this would ensure that the site pages look the same in all screen resolution settings.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by james aco -

Hi Mary and thank you.

i follow your instruction - "I would also make the #surround {width: 95%; margin: 0 auto;} this would ensure that the site pages look the same in all screen resolution settings."

for suggest 1 and 2 - the tel numbers are temporary there , i need the place for more items , so i dont know how to ...

for... i attached the file "aardvark_layout.css"

thank you

In reply to james aco

by james aco -

someone please

thank you

In reply to james aco

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Try adding min-width:980px to the #surround css Mary gave you above - you may have to play with the value to accomodate your menu.

I would also agree with Mary's suggestion to remove the date from the menu bar.

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

From what I could make out reading the raw CSS for this theme, I found it to be set correctly. So my only suggestion is your menu is too full so reduce the number of top level links and your problem will be solved.

You can always make a side menu by adding an HTML block and then add some HTML code for one of these menus which you can cut and paste

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by james aco -

thank you everybody for your help. after playing with the parameters i think this is the best solution #surround { margin-left: 0 auto; margin-right: auto; max-width: 100%; min-width:1200px;}

thank you

(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Friday, 8 April 2011, 10:46 PM)

Removed URL link

In reply to james aco

by james aco -

HI

i have another customizing issue in theMemMed Main Theme:
my sub menu dropping to the right
how to customize it to left?

THANK YOU