Cohort modification

Cohort modification

by Jar Hielt -
Number of replies: 1

I have been looking into using the cohort plugin for class lists, i can create cohorts from our SIMS class lists and i can get our users to authenticate and create accounts via ldap sync, the problem i'm having is batch assignments of students into the cohorts. i thought i had cracked it but seems i have hit the wall.

basically we extracted out the student admission number and updated our AD to have EmployeeID as this number we then ldap synced into moodle. therefor putting this number in the 'idnumber' field of mdl_user

the issue is, when the student is then assigned to the cohort it uses the 'id' field from mdl_user i would like it to use 'idnumber' instead which will allow us to pull out the userassign to class list from sims without too much hasstle.

i had a look in the \cohorts\assign.php and the \cohorts\lib.php to see how it calls the information but cannot see where it is getting the id from or where i can change the field it calls the information from.

end result i would like the plugin enrollment of cohorts use 'idnumber' field from mld_user instead of using the 'id' field

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jar Hielt

Re: Cohort modification

by Jar Hielt -

This is no longer required, i have got around it by putting the admission number as the actualy record id.

on to the next problem of creating groups from enrollment.