Glossary

links not appearing

This discussion has been locked because a year has elapsed since the last post. Please start a new discussion topic.
Picture of Irene Krechowiecka
links not appearing

I've just astarted experimenting with the glossary feature and tried adding a few words for whcih I said yes to the automatic linking. I then typed the words into a course summary but no link appeared. I must be doing soemthing wrong but can't work out what it is - any help appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
Me and Ray
Re: links not appearing

Have you turned on the filter for the glossary in the filter section of your site admin? I think that you need to do that.

If so, I am not sure if this is done on the fly or not, but perhaps you need to wait a little bit until your caches are refreshed.
Tim
tkmt

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
Picture of Georges Segura

Hello Timothy

I had the same pb. Thanks to your answer, I solved it.
The filter was not on

thanks

G

Picture of Irene Krechowiecka

Thanks for that - it works fine now and your answer saved me a lot of time puzzling over what I had missed. Much appreciated

Picture of John Lally

Thanks Timothy I had this same problem and spent some time banging my head against the keyboard.

JohnL wink

Picture of Erik Ringmar

Thanks from me too!  I had no idea this was required.  It should say somewhere for the sake of us newbies.

cheers,

Erik

Igor Rodrigues

It really works! Brazlian moodle admins users thanks a lot!
Now, a helpful translation for all brazilian friend:
Na área de administrador do site clique no link Configuração e depois acione o link  Filtros - Escolher e configurar filtros de texto, inclua como ativo o Links automáticos ao Glossário.

Feito isso os links de seu Glossário serão linkados automátimente a todos os materiais do curso, salvo casos em que você diga o contrário ao publicar material.