The users I just created have no front page news.
Instead, my users get a help link pointing to this address: http://docs.moodle.org/en/error/forum/noviewdiscussionspermission that says to do the following:
* As an administrator, navigate to Site Administration > Front Page > Front Page roles
* Click on the "Override roles" link
* Click on "Authenticated User"
* Find the Forum heading, then "View Discussions" (mod/forum:viewdiscussion capability) and tick the second radio input (Allow)
* At the bottom, press "Save changes"
- I went to Site Administration > Front Page > Front Page roles, and I see no Override roles link (see screenshot below)
- I see no Authenticated User role
- I am using the very latest version of Moodle to date (2.0.2+)
- I am very confused