Questions with two numeric answers

Questions with two numeric answers

од Jules Mathews -
Број на одговори: 4

I am using Moodle to teach students drug calculations for a Nursing test. Some of the questions they will have to answer on their test will have two numerical answer fields, either the bottom end and top end of a dosage range, the quantity of full strength solution and the quantity of water required to dilute it to the required strength, or a value per hour and a value per minute.

The questions of this type in their test are presented with two separate answer fields and I would like to reproduce this in the Lesson Module of Moodle by "Add a question page here"  but cannot figure out how to do it. There does not appear to be a question type which does this.

I am using Moodle 1.9.11

Please help. Many thanks.

Apologies for first submitting this question in the Quiz Module forum.

Просек на рејтинзи: -
Во одговорот до Jules Mathews

Re: Questions with two numeric answers

од Joseph Rézeau -
Слика од Core developers Слика од Particularly helpful Moodlers Слика од Plugin developers Слика од Testers Слика од Translators

Hi Jules,

Just as you thought, cross-posting (i.e. posting exactly the same question in more than one place) is discouraged in these forums.намигнува

I have answered your question in the Quiz forum. And no, the Lesson module is not suitable for what you want to do.

Joseph

Во одговорот до Joseph Rézeau

од Jules Mathews -

Wow! My head is spinning; unfortunately, I'm not a propeller-head and I'm afraid I didn't understand much of the documentation about cloze questions.

Thank you, Joseph, I am very grateful for your reply. I guess I will have to pass on this one, especially since I am using the Lesson Module for all my lessons.

If any of you plug-in writers out there come across this post, I'm sure a solution to the "dual numeric answer" dilema would be very well received.

Consider my wrist well slapped for the cross-posting.

Во одговорот до Jules Mathews

од Jeff Forssell -

I'm wondering why you are using Lesson rather than Quiz?

Have you included a sample question in your other post?

Во одговорот до Jeff Forssell

од Jules Mathews -

Hi, Jeff. Thanks for answering. I'm using Lesson because that is, actually, what I'm trying to achieve: teaching the students how to make the drug calculations rather than testing them on their ability to do them, and this seemed like the appropriate module. I have already made lessons with several other question formats but this one has got me beat.

Here is a sample question of the type with which I'm struggling:

175 mL of 25% Suplena must be prepared for a tube feeding. You have available full strength Suplena. To prepare the feeding, you dilute ___ mL of the full strength Suplena with ___ mL of water.

As you can see, two numeric answers are required and I would like to be able to reproduce something close to the testing program which has two answer fields adjacent to eachother on the question page.

Thanks for any input you have.