Virtual CoachingCenter Presentation in February

Virtual CoachingCenter Presentation in February

by Urs Hunkler -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers

Hi,

in february we are presenting the Virtual CoachingCenter as an internet coaching and education environment in Kiel. We build it on Moodle (the design I have shown in another thread).

We are calculating the costs. My Moodle layout requires a more flexible CSS system. I created it by patching Moodle 1.4.x. With the result, that I have to apply all patches for every update. This is a cost factor. I was reckoning on Moodel 1.5 changing towards an actual flexible XHTML and CSS system making my interface design possible without patches.

Please, can anybody tell me, if the new CSS system is planed for Moodle 1.5 or not? Our environment would be more cost attractive if I don't have to include the costs for the patches.

Thank you very much for your - hopefully positive wink - answer
Urs

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Urs Hunkler

Re: Virtual CoachingCenter Presentation in February

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Urs,
This is a wonderful new functionality you are offering to Moodle!  (am I correct to assume it could be part of the standard Moodle release?  smile  )

Martin writes today in another forum, " Moodle 1.5 will be XHTML Transitional 1.0 compliant, yes."  Also, I notice in other forums and the "Future" section of the documentation that 1.5 will feature a new CSS.  Martin is probably very busy working on that now, and may not have time to answer here.  If you have points to contribute to the functionality, or want to beta test it, I would set up 1.5 dev on a test server now.  If you just need a yes or no to confirm whether development is proceeding on schedule, I would send a message direct to Martin.

And now with my fund-raising hat on wink , if you do find that the these features allow you save costs to your clients, I hope you can build in a fee percentage that will go to moodle.org to pay for continued development.

Cheers!
In reply to Don Hinkelman

Re: Virtual CoachingCenter Presentation in February

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Don,

> am I correct to assume it could be part of the standard Moodle release?
yes you are wink

> And now with my fund-raising hat on
winken , if you do find that the these features allow you save costs to your clients, I hope you can build in a fee percentage that will go to moodle.org to pay for continued development.
This sounds like a promising deal wink. The needed changes become part of the standard Moodle release and I build in a fee percentage for moodle.org.

Best wishes
Urs