Glossary write to database error

Glossary write to database error

by Mark Goss-Sampson -
Number of replies: 4
Hi all I am setting up a biomechanics equation glossary but every time I include a Greek symbol I get a write to database error. On the Moodle page the title appears but no text. Any ideas?
In reply to Mark Goss-Sampson

Re: Glossary write to database error

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

It would be easier to help you if you could provide the text of that biomechanics expression including that Greek symbol!

by Mark Goss-Sampson -

Apologies - that was an obvious omission:

Examples include:

F ∝ ρ.A.v2

a = Dv / Dt (actually the D here should have been the Greek letter delta)

F= μ x N

Thanks again

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I cannot reproduce the problem - either on 1.9 or 2.0. The examples you give display OK.

Do those expressions appear in the glossary concept field or definition (the latter, I presume).

Moodle 1.9 or 2.0?

Greek characters not displayed when viewing the glossary itself or in the glossary popup window which appears when clicking on the glossary autolinks in a text on your site?

Please provide as many details as possible, including screenshots, export your "problem glossary" (or part of it) and attach it to a further post here so I can examine it.

Joseph