Changes at mdl_report_customlang has no effect

Changes at mdl_report_customlang has no effect

by Hartmut Tung -
Number of replies: 4

Hi.

I tried to rename some expressions in Moodle und did some changes at the table
mdl_report_customlang (original and master)
But after clearing the cachen and reloading the page, the changes does no take place. What's wrong there? Or how can i change some expressions in moodle?

Greetings
Hartmut

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hartmut Tung

Re: Changes at mdl_report_customlang has no effect

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Hartmut, you are not supposed to modify contents of mdl_report_customlang. That table is internally used by the inbuilt tool to customize language packs. For more info on how to use the tool, see Language customization page.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Hartmut Tung -

Hi David,

thank you for your help. I like to rename the string "course" (in english and other languages). First I did this with a script on the named table, because there are many positions with the word "course". This works very well for me.

I know the language customization tool, but with it, it's very long-winded. Is there an other possibillity to do this by script?
A second idea was to create the lang/xx/*.php files by script from the named database table. But this houses a lot of sources of errors.

Is there an other, more elegant way to do this?

Greetings
Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Tung

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

No, sorry. There is no "search & replace" feature yet. If you are able to do the mass replacement in the table, you may try the following:

• check out the strings via the Language customization tool
  • make the required changes directly in the table (that should have the same effect as if you edited all strings one by one)
  • check in the strings back to files via the Language customization tool
In reply to David Mudrák

by Hartmut Tung -

Hi David,

thanks a lot for your help. I think the best way for me now is, to go over the \xx_local\ folder and generate this files with a script.

Greetings
Hartmut