Survey module in Moodle 2.x

Survey module in Moodle 2.x

by Jenny Gray -
Number of replies: 5

I recently spoke with Martin D and Daniele Cordella about plans for questionnaire / feedback / survey modules in future Moodle releases.

This docs page has been set up to document what's going on:  http://docs.moodle.org/en/Development:Survey_2

I know I shall be filling in my favourite Questionnaire features!

Since Moodle 2.1 is expected during the summer of 2011, its unlikely that the new survey module will be in that release. Maybe the next one after that!

I think there are plans for a new forum to track feature requirements, development progress etc for the new survey module at some point, so look out for posts about that sometime soon (ish).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jenny Gray

Re: Survey module in Moodle 2.x

by Artur K -

Is the Survey2 module included in Moodle 2.1.2+ release? What are the plans if not? Regards, Artur.

In reply to Artur K

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

According to the Moodle Roadmap:

Other major priorities

The following are features that are currently being worked on, but we do not know exactly when they will make it into core.

Survey 2 - an activity module that combines Survey, Questionnaire and Feedback

As far as I know, work has not yet started on this new Survey2 module, so don't expect anything before some time in 2012 at the earliest.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Devina Ahluwalia -

Hello Joseph,

Have there been further talks about when the Survey 2 module may become available?

Thank you,
Devina

In reply to Devina Ahluwalia

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sorry, Devina, there is nothing new to report about the Moodle Survey 2 plans.

Joseph