Direct access to this script is forbidden.

by Athena Winchester -
Number of replies: 8

The book module that came with 1.4.3 doesn't work.  It lets me add a book...but this is the error I get:

Can anyone help?  Any clue?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Athena Winchester

Re: Direct access to this script is forbidden.

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi!

I suppose you have an older Moodle version, please upgrade to 1.4.3, let me know if the problem persists.

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Athena Winchester -
I have version 1.4.3

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Well it seems you do not have 1.4.3, because your lib/moodlelib.php does not set constant MOODLE_INTERNAL. It was added Dec 12.

Did you upgrade to 1.4.3 or was it a clean install?
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Athena Winchester -
I download 1.4.3 and it says it's 1.4.3, (pic attached).  I downloaded it two days before first post, less than a week ago.  I backed up all files, uploaded all the new ones from 1.4.3 and then set my config to point to my database.  Then I uploaded the config and styles under the theme I had chosen.  Didn't touch the book folder at all.  I'll attach my lib/moodlelib.php on the next reply. 
Attachment moodle1.4.jpg
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Athena Winchester -
Here is the lib/moodlelib.php file from my installation.

by Petr Skoda -
I see no file attached sad Could you send it by email?

Anyway if you want some workaround erase this line from your mod/book/toc.php:
defined('MOODLE_INTERNAL') or die('Direct access to this script is forbidden.');

But I am nearly sure there is something wrong with your installation.

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Athena Winchester -

Sent.  And thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this.  I really appreciate all the hard work, time and effort you put into making moodle a great resource.  smile

Rev. Lady Athena

by Petr Skoda -
Your moodlelib.php is from Moodle 1.4.2 (version 1.338.2.33, should be 1.338.2.45 or 46). Perhaps during upgrade only some files were updated. Please upgrade you installation again, because there might be other problems.