Lesson Matching Questions - not functioning when correct answers are selected

Lesson Matching Questions - not functioning when correct answers are selected

par Jenny Green,
Nombre de réponses : 10

Hi,

I have some lesson matching questions (Moodle 1.9.7) that work totally fine and others in a different lesson that will not proceed even when the correct answers are chosen.

I'm very new to moodle, and have 2 queries:

1. Below, at the top, is the non-functioning question. Can anyone suggest what setting I might need to change to correct this problem

Lesson settings are:

General Grade options Flow control

2. Below, at the bottom, are the standard responses that show: "Yes I'd like to try again"... But if the student chooses "No, I just want to go on to the next question" it still brings them back to the same question.  How do I turn this off?

Employee participation Question 3   Move Update Preview Delete

Match the methods used to communicate safety in the workplace with the appropriate image.

MatchingFirst answer should jump to the "Correct" Page
Correct response: Yes, you're right.
Wrong response: You're incorrect, have another try.
Answer 1:

How can you be involved?

Matches with answer 1: Health & Safety Committee meetings
Correct answer score: 1
Correct answer jump: End of lesson
Answer 2: What does this sign signify?
Matches with answer 2: Hazardous substance area
Wrong answer score: 0
Wrong answer jump: Employee participation Question 3
Answer 3:

What is this used for?

Matches with answer 3:

Slippery floor

The response a student gets is:

Not quite. Would you like to try again?

Thank you very much for any assistance.Jenny
Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à Jenny Green

Re: Lesson Matching Questions - not functioning when correct answers are selected

par Jenny Green,

I omitted to mention that changing the maximum grade made no difference. I had wondered if it was set too low to allow for all of the correct answers.

Cheers, Jenny

En réponse à Jenny Green

Re: Lesson Matching Questions - not functioning when correct answers are selected

par Lynn Scarlet Clark,

Hello Jenny,

If you get me a log in, I'll have a look for you. Send me an instant message with the details.

En réponse à Jenny Green

par Margaret Mason,

I am experiencing the same prpblem, that is - the correct answer is not going through on the Matching question in Lesson Module.

I am using Moodle 1.9.10+

I have rechecked the answers several times, and have the settings exactly the same as listed in the Moodledocs for this.

Does anyone have knowledge or a solution for this problem?

Thanks in advance

En réponse à Margaret Mason

par rupert mackenzie,

Hi I am having the same problem.

All my other matching activities work, it's just this one. There were 8 questions initially i took 2 away and added another one. this last one says incorrect even though it isn't. I ahve added another eighth question and this works, it's just this seventh question showing incorrect when it isn't - any thoughts?

Many thanks, Ruppey

En réponse à rupert mackenzie

par Joseph Rézeau,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Plugin developers Avatar Testers Avatar Translators

@Ruppey,

It just might help us help you if you gave full details of that mysterious "7th question", i.e. question text and matching choices.clin d’œil

Please attach as text, not screenshot to your answer.

Joseph

En réponse à Joseph Rézeau

par rupert mackenzie,

hi

like this?

Answer 7:

He is very handsome.

Matches with answer 7: adjective

par rupert mackenzie,

hi, also when in preview it doesn't render quite right, which might be due to sth not right. there seems to be a 'return' but can't it in the edit.

His hair is red.: Choose... adverb adjective

He is very handsome.

:
Choose... adverb adjective

He writes so badly that
no one can read his writing.:
Choose... adverb adjective

par Joseph Rézeau,
Avatar Core developers Avatar Particularly helpful Moodlers Avatar Plugin developers Avatar Testers Avatar Translators

OK, rupert, what about giving us the complete data for that question (just copy-paste from the Question edit screen) ?

En réponse à Joseph Rézeau

par rupert mackenzie,

Hi

I tried pasting it in here but would let me do it, so i pasted it into word, which happened to show up the html for the questions, i noticed p tags on the troublesome question that weren't there on others, so took them out and it all works now! Should have checked the source earlier! Many thanks for your responses and assistance, Rupert

par Joseph Rézeau,

@rupert,

I'm glad to hear that you solved your problem. From what I understand it seems that you originally copied-pasted the text of your match question from MS Word? In the Moodle forums I keep advising people to never ever copy-paste text from MS Word into Moodle's HTML editor, since it's the best way to bring along lots of unseen, unwanted and troublesome editing characters.

Joseph