Amending Enrol Me button

Amending Enrol Me button

by Tim Boyes-Hill -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Gang,

Tearing my hair out here - must say as LMS's go this has to be the most complicated ever to edit!

I have courses and I am allowing users to self enrol - however in my case it is not enrolment but it seems to be the only way to allow people access to course.  None of my stuff is avaiable online and as there is no 'register interest' type for intructor led I am hacking away to make this work.

In short all I want Moodle to to is to allow a 'authenticated user' access to course descriptions (all courses are instructor led) should the authenticated user wish to attend said course then they can hit a register my interest button - they are mailed, the instructor is mailed and everyone is happy - once the course is scheduled then participants can pop back in and book the course and pay any associated fee's - simple and pretty much what any LMS is supposed to do YOU WOULD THINK.

As that facility does not exist or seem obviously to exist within Moodle and despite hours of searching in the forums I decided to hack away at the code - equally is is more of a headache than it ever needed to be.

So I have activated self enrol mode and within the course I will place a booking form for now (unless someone has actually found out how to use Moodle for non-elearning standards) However do you think I can find anywhere where this damn button is generated.

(enrol me) I do not want it to say 'enrol me' I want my words equally when this page is generated I would like some instructions or other text to appear as standard under the button equally why the button is off centre is a complete mystery too!

Anyone have any suggestion - I am on Moodle 2.0 btw.

My issue - Image

Average of ratings: -