Feedback Category Error

Feedback Category Error

by Gergely Rakoczi -
Number of replies: 2

Hi,

I'm facing a strange behaviour within the feedback module of our Moodle installation at Vienna UT:

If a user is enroled as a 'student' within the course (Assign roles), and the course's category is set to a category where the student has student-rights only, everything works fine. However if the category is changed to a category where the student has coursecreator rights (but he is still enroled in the specfic course as a 'student'(!)), he has the same items as the teacher. And now the strange thing: All other activities, resources of the specific course are displayed (correctly) in student view mode!

Moodle version: 1.9.9+

Have somebody faced the same error? Would be great if you cou help me...

Best regards,

Gergely

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gergely Rakoczi

Re: Feedback Category Error

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Gergely,

I'm sorry but I can not reproduce this behavior.
Can you describe a way how I can see this effect?
Are all roles set with default permissions or are there some overrides on a higher context?
Is the student only enroled as student in the course or additionally as teacher?

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

Re: Feedback Category Error

by Gergely Rakoczi -

Hi Andreas,

thanks for your fast reply and your herlpful tip to check the default permission in global roles. Without notice, changes have been made (see attachment), so restore the default settings for the feedback module solved the problem.

Thank you again,

Gergely

PS: I've also tested this test case at "demo moodle 2.0". It's works there too.

Attachment feedback roles.jpg