Testing help wanted

Testing help wanted

by Tim Hunt -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

There is a nasty little bug in a number of places in the gradebook where it got various calculations wrong if a user had more then one role that was a grade-book role. There may also have been problems if users were deleted (deleted = 1 in the user table). Details in MDL-20946.

Typical symptoms:

1. In the grader report, showing the average grade as something like -37% (-3).
  2. When doing an XML export, the same grade being included several times in the export file.

I think I have done a fix for this, but it changes a number of critical database queries in the gradebook code, so before we can add this to 1.9.x+ we need to test this carefully. I know that there are various technically capable and helpful people in this forum, so I thought I would ask if anyone is able to grab my changes and test them a bit. Thanks.

(At the moment, we just have a fix for 1.9. Once we know this fix is correct, we need to make the equivalent changes in 2.0.)