Custtomising TinyMCE options 2.0.1

Custtomising TinyMCE options 2.0.1

by Chris Morris -
Number of replies: 3

Hello there. I'm using Moodle 2.0.1 and am trying to get more control over TinyMCE's options. I really need to turn off several of the buttons and options in TinyMCE but I can't find where it is located in the Moodle files.

I've checked the TinyMCE website so I know what can be customised, but I can't see any of the current TinyMCE files in moodle (from downoading their current release), so I'm assuming it's been incorporated into Moodle.

Is it still possible to customise the buttons and settings like default font, or is this not possible anymore? and if so ifs it possible to install a new version of Tiny MCE and retain the ability to upload files and media (so reinstalling the moodle media button) if I were to do this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Morris

Re: Custtomising TinyMCE options 2.0.1

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Chris,

I was just looking for the directory myself and ran across your post. Since no one has answered you and I just figured it out, I though I should post a note here for you. smile

The TinyMCE directory is located in the tinymce directory at the following path

moodle > lib > editor > tinymce

and it looks like the settings are in settings.php. I'm trying to figure out why the spell checker doesn't work on Firefox on a Mac and hoping that I'm moving in the right direction.

Hope this helps a little.

Jason

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Jason Hollowell

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Now I fell silly. I just finally figured out that there is a button on the TinyMCE editor that has to be clicked to toggle the spell checker on. Oops, don't know why I didn't figure that out sooner.

Attachment EditorToggle.jpg
In reply to Jason Hollowell

by Chris Morris -

Interesting that several searches for file names, code snippets and even the fo folder names never turned up that directory.

Thanks for the help smile