Giving penalties to wrong answers and not to blank answers

Giving penalties to wrong answers and not to blank answers

autor José Moya -
Počet odpovědí: 2

Hi!

I want to use moodle to make multiple-choice tests that:

• Penalize wrong answers (-30% if wrong choice is made)
  • Do NOT penalize blank answers (-0% if answer is left blank)

The main reason to do that is I want to adapt multiple choice tests used in human resource selection in Spanish government sector. They use to penalize wrong answers only, and give no penalties to blank answers.

Must I select "NO" to "penalties" in quiz settings, and then manually add a negative score to EVERY wrong choice? Is there an easier way?

Průměr hodnocení: -
V odpovědi na José Moya

Re: Giving penalties to wrong answers and not to blank answers

autor José Moya -

I've found another impediment. It seems that negative answers do not penalize further questions on same try, but further tries on same question.

Is there a way to make multiple choice tests where wrong answers are given negative points for all the exam (so 1 right and 2 wrong questions gives less points than 1 right and 2 blank questions.)?

V odpovědi na José Moya

Re: Giving penalties to wrong answers and not to blank answers

autor Tim Hunt -
Obrázek: Core developers Obrázek: Documentation writers Obrázek: Particularly helpful Moodlers Obrázek: Peer reviewers Obrázek: Plugin developers

This will be possible in Moodle 2.1. Not before then, unless you are prepared to hack the code. How to hack the code to enable negative marks has been explained in this forum a few times in the past.