Cafelite-WR Theme for Moodle 1.9

Cafelite-WR Theme for Moodle 1.9

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 21
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I've just added Cafelite-WR to the Moodle Themes database for download.

It's the Cafelite theme with revisions, basically it now has a dropdown menu.

My thanks to William Ratto for getting me to add the dropdown menu to Cafelite in the first place. He has been pestered me for ages to add this revised theme to the Moodle Themes repository for download...So I've called the theme Cafelite-WR after William!

Download HERE

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: Cafelite-WR Theme for Moodle 1.9

by William Ratto -

Hi Mary,

That is great news, and thank you for the very kind words. I thought I would give you a heads up on the additional flexibility of the cafelite-wr theme.

Because of the way you wrote the cafelite-wr-menu.php, it has made the menu so much easier to use and add functions to.

I have been able to use a javascript popup window command from your cafe-wr-menu.php which makes my life so much easier. I am still experimenting and I'm sure more functions can be added be added .

What makes this so wonderful is the advanced navagation features it gives.

You did an outstanding job with this theme. WTG !!!

Sincerely

William

In reply to Mary Evans

by William Ratto -

Hi Mary,

I would like to know how I could add links to the footer.html in cafelite-wr 1.9 and have control how they are placed.

Example: in footer.html

link a      linkc
link b      linkd       etc.

In fact the ideal would be the same menu.php that you did in the header but this would be for the footer only.

Hope all is well with you smile

William

In reply to William Ratto

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Do you mean links, as in a single row of links, or links with dropdown menus?

In reply to Mary Evans

by William Ratto -

I was thinking of more like a single line of links. In the footer.

While we are talking, I have a question for you. In the cafelite-wr theme is there a way to show a drop-drown menu for only logged in users on the course pages.

Thanks

William

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Evans -

Someone asked me a question about the menu, and how badly it displays in IE7, but since I don't have IE7 I can't get to find a fix for this...but I will try.

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Thomas Hanley -

Hi Mary,

You can use IE Tester to run multiple IEs on your PC (assuming that you are a PC user of course!).

http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

IETester is a free (both for personal and professional usage) WebBrowser that allows you to have the rendering and javascript engines of IE10 preview, IE9, IE8, IE7 IE 6 and IE5.5 on Windows 7, Vista and XP, as well as the installed
IE in the same process.

Hope this helps

~thomas

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mark Yarrish -

Hello,
I'm looking for any input (support) on the cafelite-wr-menu.css file, when I reduce the size of the browser window (IE, Firefox, Chrome), the drop down menu headers overwrite (wrap) to where the breadcrumbs are.  There are instructors who use smaller monitors, where this presents a navigation problem.  Additionally, when I mouse over the calendar, the background of the pop out is transparent, I'm looking where to change that, I've looked time and again with no luck.  Thanks.

In reply to Mark Yarrish

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Mark,

The issue of the menu wrapping over to the next line is likely to be one of menu design rather than theme/css I think.

As the menu is set on a single line, if you have a lot of top level items at some stage they are going to overlap and wrap onto the next line - and this is going to happen regardless of the theme used - if it has a top horizontal menu, then there is a width constraint (ie the screen width) that must be taken into account when designing the content for the menu. You could try reducing the font size of the items, but realistically looking at mine (I just did a fresh download of the theme from the link at teh top of this discussion) you probably don't want to reduce them significantly or they may become unusable. It may be better to try reorganising your menu to have fewer top level items, or recreate the menu as a vertical menu block if it is necessary to have that many top level items.

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Mark Yarrish -

Richard,

Thank you.  I'll look at moving some things around, maybe I'll use a second level menu option and hopefully that will alleviate some of the problem.  Thanks again for your quick response.

Mark

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ciara McLoughlin -

Hello everyone

I Have installed Cafelite-WR Theme for Moodle 1.9 

When I have installed this etc and went to my MOODLE Site and chose it when I go back to my homepage this is what I get ( I Have also included some screen shots)

•     English (en) 
Attachment Moodle 1.jpg
In reply to Ciara McLoughlin

by Ciara McLoughlin -

Here is another screen shot ..............................................

Attachment Moodle 2.jpg

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

This looks like a conflict problem we had ages ago.

Can I ask which version of 1.9 are you using?

Thanks

Mary

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

I have just visited your site and it looks like styles.php is corrupted as it is not working, and not transferring the css which styles the page, and the menu.

It may well be the way in which up uploaded the theme which has caused this. If you used FTP then this could well have corrupted the files.

Try uploading the whole zip file to your server using cPanel and then unzip to your site's theme directory.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mark Pearson -

Mary,

Thanks for this brilliant theme. I have just spent a week dooling around with it to produce what I'm looking for next year's production moodle for Earlham.

All the details are here

I can zip up all the changes if you're interested.

Cheers

Mark

In reply to Mark Pearson

by Mary Evans -

This is totally mind blowing! 

I can't even think how all that is done...from the sound of it 'buzzing as it did' it must be javascript of which I know very little.

I would love a zip of all the changes. smile

I'll send you my email.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mark Pearson -

Here are all the changes what I made. Actually, it's the complete theme. Thanks for making this public.

beaucoup de fromage!

Mark

In reply to Mark Pearson

by Brian Miller -

It appears the theme is no longer available at the linked site.

Is there any chance you can make your version of the Cafelite-WR theme for Moodle 1.9 available?

Much appreciated, - Brian

In reply to Mary Evans

by Brian Miller -

Do you still have the Mark Pearson version zip file?

The original link is failing. 

Much appreciated. - Brian