Back up stops at zipping backup

Back up stops at zipping backup

by Ben Christopher -
Number of replies: 4

Hi there,

ive managed to back up one of my courses no problems. It's the 2nd that wont go through. Ive searched thru all forums, and i dont know why it wont work.

Ive tried setting the path to zip program by typing in

/usr/bin/zip

Then i get 
The backup did not complete successfully
with
An error occurred while copying the zip file to the course directory
i just wanna safeguard my courses before i try upgrading to moodle2.
can anyone help please?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ben Christopher

Re: Back up stops at zipping backup

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Ben,

Please see the Backup FAQ for advice on what to do.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Ben Christopher -

Thanks Helen, I found the section which refers to

An error occurred while copying the zip file...

It says:

This problem is most likely caused by a permissions issue in the destination directory. Backup files are copied to "XXX/backupdata" under your dataroot directory (where XXX is the id of the course being backed up).

On Windows systems, if you have configured Moodle to use an external zip program then the IIS IUSR_computername user needs to have Execute access to cmd.exe so that it can run the zip program. See the Note in Path to zip for more details.

..Regarding the 1st paragraph -  ive checked my permissions for the backupdata and they are set to 0777

...Regarding the 2nd paragraph - I have set the server path to /usr/bin/zip

But what i dont understand is the following "then the IIS IUSR_computername user needs to have Execute access to cmd.exe so that it can run the zip program" - - - how could i set this? I really dont know

In reply to Helen Foster

by Ben Christopher -

hi heen,

i'm really stuck on this. i keep trying and i keep getting the same message. I go to the faq and i check the permissions and the second paragraph, i just dont get. any ideas about how i can back up this course of mine...otherwise i cannot move on.

thx

In reply to Helen Foster

by Ben Christopher -

Now ive just increased my space allowance and i still cannot back up the course!

any ideas please...