Mnet students can't view their gradebook

Mnet students can't view their gradebook

by Ali Hastie -
Number of replies: 5

We have Moodle 1.9.9+ and Moodle 2.0.2+ and networked them together and works accordingly. We wish for a roaming student to go from 2.0.2 to a 1.9.9 course where they have been enrolled and carry out a graded activity. The student can't view their gradebook within 1.9.9 and gives them the following error:

Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (View grades of other users)

I have looked at the roles permissions on both sides for students and authenticated user but can't seem to see what could be preventing them from not viewing their 1.9.9 gradebook.

Thanks,

Ali

In reply to Ali Hastie

Re: Mnet students can't view their gradebook

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Ali,

The error that you have posted indicates that your sample student is trying to see grades of other students, which he should not be allowed to do.
It sounds like you are referring your student to see the Grader report, but he should have access to the User report instead.
Where exactly your student is clicking? On the Grades link in Administration?

Overall, the permission that you need to check is "View your own grade report " gradereport/user:view (set to Allow).

In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Ali Hastie -

Hi Elena

Yeah the sample student is clicking on the Grades link within the Administration sideblock found within the 1.9.9 course area.

I have set gradereport/user:view (set to Allow) for both the student and authenticated user and still have the same error.

Thanks

Ali

In reply to Ali Hastie

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Ali, I think I just was able to reproduce this by accident smile
My sample Student had 2 roles in the course: Student and Instructor.

Lower (Student role) always prevails. But because the user had 2 roles,  he got the same error as you did, once he clicked Grades. So, please double-check that your sample student has only one role in the course (plus check the level of the course categories or whole installation. It is possible that your sample student has some role assignments there as well)

In reply to Elena Ivanova

Same gradebook problem - used to be able to see grades

by Sandi Lyman -

Elena, I am having the same problem as Ali. Here is when mine started:

I was setting up the sitewideuser gradebook. I accidentally set the students Moodle/grade:viewall to Allow. When I realized what I had done, I set the property to Prevent. Then to Prohibit. No matter what I set the gradereport: or user: settings to, the students get the error - Sorry, but you do not currently have permissions to do that (view grades of other users).

The grades had been working perfectly until my error. Can you help me with this please.

I am running Moodle 1.9.9

In reply to Sandi Lyman

Re: Same gradebook problem - used to be able to see grades

by Elena Ivanova -

Hi Sandi, Can you please clarify what do you mean under sitewideuser gradebook? smile