Moodle for children in hospital / educated at home

Moodle for children in hospital / educated at home

by Irene Krechowiecka -
Number of replies: 8
I'm about to strt a trial using Moodle with our LEA's Hospital and Home Tuition Service and would be interested in hearing from anyone who is using Moodle in this way
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Irene Krechowiecka

Re: Moodle for children in hospital / educated at home

by Eric Verhulst -

Irene, I'm looking for the start of a hospital school using Moodle for 12-18 age children that can't go to school. Do you have some suggestions?

In reply to Eric Verhulst

by Ian Usher -

Hi Irene,

Same here, we have a Hospital School and PRUs (Pupil Referral Units) who are looking at using Moodle (and our Macromedia Breeze service) to support this... nothing as yet, but it's in the pipeline.

Ian.

by Oksana Pas -
Hello. We are starting  a similar project in Ukraine. No results yet, but it would be definitely worth to keep in touch.
In reply to Oksana Pas

by andy choo -

Hi everybody,

Personally I feel that this is a wonderful project for the kids. I'm from Singapore and will like to implement similar projects for kids in hospitals. May I ask for more informations from you guys regarding this project.

Regards,

Andy

In reply to andy choo

by Houria Benkherbache -

Salut! Tout le monde

Moodle pour les enfants hospitalisés est une bonne chose mais il faut d'abord apprendre a ces enfants l'utilisation pour y participer

In reply to Houria Benkherbache

by Anna Krassa -
bonjour Houria,

ca c'est vrai, mais choses ne sont pas si difficile! Les enfants sont familier de la technologie, en plus ce serai une bonne idee, si tu pourrais faire une presentation on-line, a l' ecoles qui se trouve aux hopitaux. Avec un laptop and une connection a l' internet tu peus travailler cette idee et a mon avis, c' est une idee tres effective.

anna

by Myra Roldan -

Hi All;

I am a Computer Systems Engineer and Distance Learning Developer.  I have recently proposed using Moodle for Homebound / Home-Schooled children.  I am in the process of developing the school in connection with a public school district.  The courses are fee-courses and I am integrating amember pro with moodle.  This will allow parents to enroll their children in desired courses.  I'd be happy to share further information.

by cdx cdx -
Hi all,

We have been providing Youth Digital Arts courses for homeschoolers, schools, libraries, and community technology centers for a few years. Our courses are for students from 3rd grade through high school and currently focus on video game design, animation, and digital music. We are in the process of developing courses in Manga/Anime, and Digital Painting. You can review feedback from students, a documetary on "Girls Designing Video Games," and a sample chapter at: www.ydacs.com .

craig