uploading video into lesson

uploading video into lesson

von Katie Fraser -
Anzahl Antworten: 4

Hello, I have no experience with this and have been searching forums and moodle docs for some instruction but can't seem to find anything. I know it's out there because I keep seeing posts stating there a lot of discussion in forums on this, but I can't find where... Could someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Als Antwort auf Katie Fraser

Re: uploading video into lesson

von Kim Salinas -
Nutzerbild von Testers

Hi Katie

What version of Moodle are you using? Basically you will use the HTML editor to add multimedia.

Als Antwort auf Kim Salinas

von Katie Fraser -

Hi Kim,
Thank you for your reply. I'm using moodle 2.0. and Internet Explorer. I've tried using the html editor but can't get videos to upload (though I have used html editor just fine to upload photos).  I guess I figured I would have to compress the file someohow (zipping it doesn't seem to work) or convert it to a different format (they are currently mpg's...)? --neither of which are familiar processes to me...The video is about 3 min long.

Also, to provide a little more background on what I'm trying to do -- I would like a thumbail (or hyperlink if that's not possible) of the video to play. Perhaps something that a student could click on from inside a lesson. I'm also not sure what type of activity is best for hosting a video. Basically, I want the video to play as an introduction to a course, and then I want students to begin a series of lesson activities.  I do not want the video to auto-play.

If you have any thoughts on how to accomplish this I would be most grateful! I'm really at a loss. Thank you -

Als Antwort auf Kim Salinas

von Glenys Hanson -

Hi Katie,

To insert the following video, I just put a link to it in this message. As Kim says, you can do it in any HTML editor on Moodle. You can't see the link itself: it's tranformed by Moodle magic into the Moodle Fairy video explaining... how to put videos into Moodle. überrascht

Cheers,

Glenys

Als Antwort auf Glenys Hanson

von Katie Fraser -

Glenys, thank you for the helpful posting ---the Moodle magic worked!

I'm faced with another question now as to what type of media player format to save it in. Do you have any recommendations? My computer automatically asked me to use QuickTime. I allowed it, but I don't have a QuickTime player so I can't actually see the video yet. Just wondering if QuickTime is the standard, or if something else would be more widely accepted among students accessing the course from their computers at home....Really prefer them NOT to have to download a media player to view the video if possible.

Also, could you tell me the size of your image in posting above? I saved my video as a 640x480, but I think it might be a little too large (can't tell yet since I don't have quicktime installed) -- I think the size of your inserted youtube file above would be perfect.

Thank you again for your assistance. It's quite exciting to get it working after many unsucessful attempts! lächelnd