How to get a Question Types report ?

How to get a Question Types report ?

by Philip Siwinski -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I wonder how it would be possible to let an administrative staff to get a report about existing question types in a quiz without having access to the questions themselves.

I can change permissions to forbid this user's role to access the questions but I wonder if there would be a report tool more suitable.

I think a manager can get a report on all the courses which have a given question type instance... This is useful but I wish to let someone get a report about all instances in a given course.

Thanks for help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Philip Siwinski

Re: How to get a Question Types report ?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

In Moodle 2.0, admins can go to Admin -> Reports -> Question instances, to see which courses have questions of which types.

This funcitonality did not exist in Moodle 1.9, but if you really wanted it, it would probably not be too hard to convert the Moodle 2.0 code to be compatible with Moodle 1.9.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Philip Siwinski -

Thanks Tim,

I use Moodle 2.0 and tried the quiz instances report but it does not suit the needs.

First, it does not show anything usefull when all questions are in the system context.

Second, I wish to let a user see the question types for a given course... without being able to view the questions.

I've written a stored procedure in the database to retrieve the question types for a given quiz. I've created a DB user which can only execute procedures, and there is only one procedure. It is a very ugly workaround. I wish to let my user choose the course, select one of its quizzes and see the question types.

Sorry if I have not managed to explain it well, I'll do my best to let you understand what I have in mind.

Thanks.

In reply to Philip Siwinski

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

If you want a less ugly work-around ... oh, drat! this is Moodle 2.0.

What I was going to say is that if you can do this in SQL, the you could download and install the Custom SQL queries report, and use that to bring the output of your SQL query into the Moodle interface.

The only problem is that the custom SQL report had not been updated to work with Moodle 2.0 yet.