Like many people here, I have $CFG->dataroot problems. The message I get is: Fatal error: $CFG->dataroot is not configured properly, directory does not exist or is not accessible! Exiting.
I have tried the following:
1. Specified the full unix path: /var/www/..../data/moodledata
2. Moved the directory into the subdomain path so that it can be accessed by the browser and specified the url: http://domain/data/moodledata
3. Moved a php script into this directory and verified that it can be executed
4. made the directory access to 777
5. changed the owner to the subdomain owner and apache
I still get the error.
Can anyone help please?
I am using PHP 5.2.16
Moodle: 2.0.2+ (i.e. latest version)