A problem with assign roles in System

A problem with assign roles in System

by Liceul Ion Neculce -
Number of replies: 11

I have moodle 2.0.1 and in Users->Permissions->Assign roles in System I have only Manager and User Creator roles.

I want to have in this category teacher and student for assign user for this ategoey over the system.

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Liceul Ion Neculce

Re: A problem with assign roles in System

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Liceul. Why do you want to do this? The reason teacher and student were removed was because it didn't really make sense, most of the time, to have teachers and students assigned system wide. For example a student learning geography would not need to be enrolled as a student in the history class - and I, as a languages teacher, would only be enrolled as a teacher in the Languages classes and I should not be enrolled in the Science classes (because I would be rubbish at teaching it!) People were giving students and teachers site wide roles and then their users were finding they were enrolled on ALL the courses on Moodle when they only wanted to be  in the ones where they were working. In Moodle 2.0 there IS a way to assign sitewide users, but you would have to be really sure you wanted to do this. If you can explain why this is important to you, then we can explain how to assign teacher or student sitewide.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Liceul Ion Neculce -

Indeed you are right. I am beginning to use Moodle platform and I misunderstood the "Assign Roles in the system"
After being creator, creates the cources what are the steps to follow for associate teacher and only certain students in that course?
I don't understand what is with "Front Page Roles"

Thanks.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi again. First of all - ignore front page roles for now. If it is just you on the Moodle at the moment, then you as administrator can create a course and then once the course is created you will get a screen "enrol users" Click that button and then the drop down will say "student" so you choose students for the course. Then change the drop down to say "teacher" and you choose a teacher/teacher for the course. You select them by clicking the plus sign to the right of their name. (You need to have made some users before this stage! )

by Liceul Ion Neculce -

Hello.
I have another problem with moodle: I am course creator and would like to have the opportunity to be able to delete or modify only the courses that I created myself.
What settings should do the admin for this?
Thanks.

by Mary Cooch -

I thought that if you had the course creator role (not admin) that you would by default only be able to delete or modify the courses you had created yourself - are you saying that is not the case?

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Liceul Ion Neculce -

Maybe I do not know where to go to delete the course.
I used Settings-> Administration-Cours> and not found course deletion.

How delete the course as the creator of the course.

by Elena Ivanova -

If you have enough permission in the system, then you need to go to a category that holds your courses, click Turn Editing On link in the Settings block, and then use icons there to delete a course smile

Attachment 01Scr Mar. 02 11.10.jpg
In reply to Elena Ivanova

by Liceul Ion Neculce -

With administrator acount I see this section and I can delete any course.

As Course creator I can't see this section. The course creator has default right for Moodle 2.0.1.

I think we should give more rights.

In Define roles -> Editing role 'Course creator ->I set Allow Delete courses but I can't delete the course with course creator account.

by Maverdoodle moodle -

We have migrated our Moodle 2.1.1+ from Apache/MySql to Windows IIS7 & SQL2008. In neither instance can our Manager role delete any course. He cannot even get the "grid" view to manage courses...in either Site Administration or Course Category administration.

Whereas the admin will get this breadcrumb:

A manager will only get this breadcrumb when navigating to Site Admin->Courses:

Almost like the Manager role doesn't have the permissions to run the Ajax/Java grid view or whatever it is. This must be something simple.