Be able to create field and have it show up in profile and in grade excel export.

Be able to create field and have it show up in profile and in grade excel export.

by Matt Ladwig -
Number of replies: 1

Okay, here is what I need and I am open for any ideas to get this to work.

I need a profile field that shows up in the students profile when teachers view their profile and that same field needs to be able to be included an the export as an excel doc from grades (when teachers are exporting grades).

Here is what I have tried:
1. If I add a new field for profiles, it obviously shows up in the profile, but I am not able to get it to show when I export from grades.

2. If I use an optional field that I am not currently using, such as 'department', I can export it with the course grades, but it does not show up when teachers look at a student's profile.

Option 1 is ideal, but I would be satisfied if I could get option 2 to work.

In reply to Matt Ladwig

Re: Be able to create field and have it show up in profile and in grade excel export.

by Nicholas Bovee -

I just figured this out. It's a bug. You'll notice that ID Number and Department don't show up on the profile page, either. This is the root of the problem.

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-26882

Follow the link that Mayank Gupta posted at the bottom and paste in the code in 2 files. It works perfectly (I'm using 2.0.2)

Now I can see those fields on the profile page, and they also show up in the Excel file when I export grades.

I also just read somewhere that you can change the labels within the language settings. For example, "department" could be renamed "group". This is what I am planning to do since I can't figure out a way to export group names in Excel, and I don't really need "department" as a label.