sequencing

sequencing

by Josh Elliott -
Number of replies: 11

Hi. No matter how I set up the order of sections and the jumps I can not get my lessons to always go to the right page. I had others proofread and it all seems to be set up correctly. Any ideas?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josh Elliott

Re: sequencing

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Josh

"I can not get my lessons to always go to the right page." that is really too vague...

I'm afraid the only way we could help you out is if you would attach your lesson to a post so we can examine it.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

In your course -> Backup -> Select only the problematic lesson for export -> attach the backup file to your next post on this forum.

Joseph

by Josh Elliott -

Does this help?

backup-moodle2-course-global_studies-20110223-1405-nu.mbz

In reply to Josh Elliott

by Joseph Rézeau -

Your backup should be a ZIP file. I have no idea what format is that *.mbz file.

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Joseph -that is the backup file of a Moodle 2.0 course

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Joseph Rézeau -

Thanks, Mary, the OP never mentioned which version of Moodle he was using... and I am not yet familiar with the 2.0 backup file format.blush

Will look into the problem ASAP.

Joseph

by Joseph Rézeau -

Josh,

I have managed to restore your sample Lesson to my local Modole 2.0 test site. However, I am totally confused with what you are trying to do in that lesson.

Why do you use "clusters"? Why do you use a  multiple choice question towards the end? (maybe in order to get the lesson graded?

Joseph

by Josh Elliott -

Joseph,

Part of my problem is that I do not know the terms since I am still learning moodle. One of my goals wassimply to figure out a way to apply a lesson to something I teach. The multiple choice was simply to make it so the students HAD to make a decision and then right about it. I could just as easily have them take one topic like Taiwan-China, give the four different actions and have the students pick one and tell me what they believe the outcome would be and why. At this point I do not fully understand branches and clusters.

In reply to Josh Elliott

by Joseph Rézeau -

Josh,

If you do not understand how "clusters" work, then don't use them. Stick to the so-called "branches" (now called "content pages" in Moodle 2.0).

So that we can understand the flow you want your students to go through, could you please draw a flowchart and post it here? Just use any word processor (or pen and paper and scan the drawing).

All the best,

Joseph

by Josh Elliott -

Joseph,

I attached a flow chart below. While looking I realized this has been "morphing" while I have been trying to get it to work so I tried to set it up the way I want it to work. Introduction-Pick an option- Expalin what you think outcome will be based on option.