Help me please *PHP catchable fatal error *

Help me please *PHP catchable fatal error *

by Gavin Roberts -
Number of replies: 6

Where do i start...... i was editing a courses i tried to reorder a topic by clicking the arrow and suddenly......

"Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error"

so i hit back ... the same, refresh, the same, reload site and the same. I moved to a different computer and works. but then when i log in, on the home page, the same.

Now when you laod my site and log in all you get is Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: PHP catchable fatal error

(the site http://vle.hilbre.wirral.sch.uk/moodle/)

What do i do first? i have done about two weeks solid of work and have not backed the site up yet as it is new, i only have two admin users at the mo but i am the only one using it.

All help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance Gavin

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Gavin Roberts

Re: Help me please *PHP catchable fatal error *

by Gavin Roberts -

Turns out it is my theme, i am using Decaf, i will move the questions to the themes area.

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Gavin,

The same happened to me using the Krystle theme when I wanted to place an empty topic from topic 10 to topic 1. Deleting the entire class solved the problem at that time, but this is not a solution to the problem. Fortunately, it it happened on a test site. If you have access to cPanel, you will be able to edit and delete the problematic course in MDL-Courses in PhpMyAdmin.

I am not sure whether this behavior is theme related. Did someone else use topics outline and move topics around? Which theme are you using?

With kind regards,

Hartmut

by Chris Westcott -

Exact same problem, exact same theme. - Decaf

Was there any resolution to this?

Is there a thread I can read on this?

In reply to Chris Westcott

by Scott Ries -

Same problem here, too.

Any ideas on this? My hands are tied until I can figure this out.

Is there any way to switch the theme to something else without logging in? My error occurs after entering credentials but before the course loads. I think it's a course issue, too, but I just can't delete the whole course.

Thanks!

In reply to Scott Ries

by Scott Ries -

Hi all,

I managed to solve this.  In decaf's config.php, change the first line

$THEME->name = 'decaf';

to

$THEME->name = 'standard';

This at least got me past the PHP error that kept stopping me before.

I then used Firebug to find the hidden menu with my site admin in it to find my theme settings site:

domain.com/moodle/theme/index.php

(That should have been obvious enough. ha! Now I know.)

I then set my theme back to Standard from the Theme selector so that Moodle wouldn't even look at the config.php I modified earlier. I then changed the file's first line back to:

$THEME->name = 'decaf';

Now I'm in. This of course didn't fix the problem, but it is a work-around.

Hope this helps someone!

Cheers,

Scott

by Ian L -

Yeah I got that and I am using the standard theme. I clicked on enrol and then that popped up. Can't get out of it.

Funny thing is it's only in Firefox browser other browsers appear o.k.