Problems with chatd idle timeout

Problems with chatd idle timeout

by Sven Ortmeier -
Number of replies: 2
Hi everyone. I tried the new chat daemon because we will be working with some high load chats in the future. During testing I encountered some kind of strange phenomenon. Users who leave chat will be listed until the next restart of the daemon wink Even if a user logs out, he will still be listed in the chat participant list. A user who leaves the chat and rejoins will be listed twice. I use moodle 1.4.3+ and php 4.3.10. I will be thankfull for any hints or comments.

Greetings from Germany

Sven Ortmeier
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sven Ortmeier

Re: Problems with chatd idle timeout

by John Papaioannou -

Hi Sven,

I took a few minutes to investigate and it seems your report warrants an open issue at the bug tracker. It's bug 2355, you can track its progress and maybe provide some extra information if needed later.

Jon

In reply to Sven Ortmeier

Re: Problems with chatd idle timeout

by John Papaioannou -
Hi Sven,

I 've been looking at this problem and the results so far are:
  • IE6/win is removed normally after 2 * chat_old_ping seconds.
  • Firefox1.0/win is usually removed after the same period. I say "usually" because I 'm getting some strange behavior (When I click the link, two popups open. If I close both, one of them is removed always but the second isn't always detected when it disconnects...)
What browsers are you using? Your description implies that your users never get automatically removed from the chat if they disconnect.

Jon