Why is Moodle Being Accepted as a Course Management System??

Re: Why is Moodle Being Accepted as a Course Management System??

by Jennifer Simons -
Number of replies: 0

Hi All,

Well, I have not read the whole moodle text on features at 'edutools', but I have been using Blackboard for some time now (as an instructor) and I have tried moodle for the last six months or so

OK, Moodle doesn't have a whiteboard option, which I use in BB but on every other point of comparison Moodle is easier, more user friendly with otherwise about the same or more options for a teacher than BB.

Another thing is that for developing countries you can put the advantage of very low start up costs a few times in the list!

My organization  for example is non profit and we introduced DE technology in the country, primarily to support normal f2f in class education, because many teachers are in isolated areas (rainforest behind rapids, no roads) and need to get access to continuous education as well as support for their day to day teachings.

It will take MOODLE to achieve our goals. No one will be able to pay for these kids in marroon and amerindian villages and the government is struggling to build schools and provide furniture and teachers. It will be easier to get funding for specific improvements or for support on an 'as needed' basis

The ease of use is another very important reason to go with this program.

One more thing: Moodle has support for so many languages. We speak Dutch in a region of the world (S.Am) where nobody does.  :-|