breadcrumb navigation quandry

breadcrumb navigation quandry

by Chris Adams -
Number of replies: 2

Once inside a forum the breadcrumb navigation hasn't got a link to go back one level to the main forums section.

Drives me bonkers. I have to click back to the course main page and then click the forums link again to go to the top-level of the forums section and our conection that's a tedious wait.

Any help gratefully accepted to explain/ suggest solutions to this.

Chris.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Adams

Re: breadcrumb navigation quandry

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Chris,

Most likely you're not the only one who finds the lack of link in the navigation trail annoying. Assuming you've not done so already, I suggest you search the Moodle Tracker to see if anyone has created an issue for it. If so, you can vote for it to be fixed; if you don't find anything, please feel free to create a new issue. You'll need a tracker account in order to do anything in the tracker, such as vote or create a new issue.

Ensuring bugs / suggested improvements are reported in the tracker is the best way of helping developers in their work of making Moodle better and better!

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: breadcrumb navigation quandry

by John Brady -

Breadcrumb Trail
Moodle 1.9.13

I found a Moodle Tracker on this issue.
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-2347
mysite >> category >> subcategory >> subcategory >> course
This issue appears to have been addressed in version 2.

I am using the Standard Logo Theme and I have also tested with an unmodified Standard Theme with the same results.

I would like to use a long version of a Breadcrumb trail(s). This feature is mostly for the Admin Role.

My course set up is typical:
Categories
      Sub Category
            Course
            Course
            Course

The Short name for the site is: Home
As in Home page.

I would expect the breadcrumb trail to look like this:
Home > Category > Sub Category > Course

However, what I have is:
Home > Course

For the Administration Block, there is a long breadcrumb trail, however, only the Home link is active (Click-able).
Home
► Administration ► Front Page ► Front Page settings

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Thanks