T/F problem in a quiz

T/F problem in a quiz

by Steve Ambrosini -
Number of replies: 6

I have a quiz with Multiple choice and T/F questions.  When the student is done with the assessment, I believe that the questions are supposed to reflect which are right or wrong.  For multiple choice, the screen shows green bars and green check marks on the correct answers. Should it not indicate which answers were answered incorrectly?

The T/F do not show anything, not even the answer the student placed. It also does not show right or wrongness.

The grade is calculated and placed in the brade book correctly.

Is this some sort of setting? Adaptive mode is off.

Thoughts appreciated.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Ambrosini

Re: T/F problem in a quiz

by Sarah Markland -

Just wondering if you can put something like 'incorrect answer' in the Feedback area just after the question?  Is this what you mean?

In reply to Sarah Markland

by Steve Ambrosini -

I tried placing "Correct Answer" in the text box but do not see it show up after the quiz.  It looks like the system will show all the correct answers but will not let the student know which answers were wrong nor let them know what they choose as a wrong answer.

This may be a local problem and I left a note for the big head here.  Does your quiz show the student which answer was wrong and indicate which answer the student gave?

by Pierre Pichet -

Normally, if there are green check marks for partial or 100% grade choice there should be red x marks on false answers (i.e those with 0 grading).

The feedback will appear on answers that were chosen

Pierre

In reply to Pierre Pichet

by Steve Ambrosini -

I created a sample quiz with three MC and three T/F questions.

I placed "General Comment", "Choice1", "Choice2", "Choice3", "Choice4" "ChoiceT" and "ChoiceF" in their respective comment text boxes for each question.

I change over to "Student" and after taking the quiz, I do see three answers with the red check and one answer with the green bar and the green checkmark for the MC questions but no indicators for the T/F questions. No Comments show up anywhere.

Everything in the set up is default except I have Adaptive mode set to off. The 18 boxes under Review Options are all checked. Nothing indicates which answer I chose. Grading is correct.

If I have Adaptive set to Yes, it seems to tell the student right or wrong but allows the student to change the answer until it says "right" and the comments do show up here.

Am I doing something wrong?  Can his be a problem with the set up?

Re: T/F problem in a quiz. let me try this again,...

by Steve Ambrosini -

I guess I don't understand the quiz structure.

I take the MC quiz in the role of "Student".  When I am done, the system reports the grade and then lists the questions that were just presented.  There is a green bar along with a green check mark on the correct answer,  It does not show the student answer was given while taking the test?  For example, I deliberately answered all the questions with the "A" response.  Only 4 of the questions had a correct answer of "A".  For the first question C was the correct response. Shouldn’t I be able to see that I placed "A" and therefore see that I was wrong?

Probably related:

When I go in as the instructor to look at the MC quiz responses, all the selections that the students made are blank and the chart is filled as --/3.33 for every student, every question as follows:

Similarly, when I do the FT quiz it doesn’t even tell me what the correct response is and the review of FT answers shows --/2.67 for every response.

I am beginning to wonder if my structure to import them was incorrect but then it does score the quiz properly and the graph shows the over all responses.

On a different note:

When I take the MC quiz, everything looks fine. The students tell me that there is a count down timer that blocks vital information preventing them from seeing parts of the question.

I recently sent the question to the sysop here at the university and have not received an response so I don't yet know if this is my problem or school wide.

Re: T/F problem in a quiz. let me try this again,...

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

It should work the way you expect, not the way you are seeing. However, from the information given, I can't work out what is going wrong. I think your sysop needs to take a look.