Error: Could not insert a new entry to the Moodle log

Error: Could not insert a new entry to the Moodle log

by Linda Sevier -
Number of replies: 0
Hi,

I host a moodle site for a customer of mine as part of a larger site. I upgraded them recently from 1.3.1 to 1.4.3. I put the new verison on the server and logged in as admin to upgrade. I used the same credential informtation and moodledata which contains our resource files hasn't changed. We are having a few problems.

First, the error message "Error: Could not insert a new entry to the Moodle log" is constant. I have not been able to resolve this.

Second, I was receiving an error that mdl_glossary did not exist. I installed a copy of moodle on a local machine and compared the databases and found that several of the glossary files were missing. I had only mdl_glossary_format. I created the tables and the error message disappeared. Question, were these tables added in this version and there was a problem with my upgrade or were they added in a previous version and I should not have gone directly from 1.3.1 to 1.4.3?

Third and the most frustrating: There are many word documents and pdf files in the moodledata directory. The permission on the directory is 777. I checked the resourse file and they are listed and the details about them appear to be correct. When I click on a link, I go to a new blank page. The file is not displayed. The url is http://mysite.org/moodle/mod/resource/view.php?id=337. We have be able to access these previously.

Sure hope someone can point me in the right direction. I would greatly appreciate it. I have done everything I can think of and I am at my wits end.

Linda (new to moodle)
Average of ratings: -