Tag name of the event categories?

Tag name of the event categories?

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Translators

Hello,

I would like to reduce the size of the styles of the Event categories under the calender in a course. 

What is the tagname of these styles?

Thank you!

BR
Jens

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

Re: Css Tag name of the event categories?

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators

The Css style I am talking about is shown in the Attachment.

BR
Jens

Attachment EventTags.png

Re: Css Tag name of the event categories?

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Hi Jens,

the links don't have an ID or a CLASS of their own, but you can adress them using contextual selectors. to be shure to overwrite the inline styles use the property "!important". (When I am searching for the right description I'm using extreme values and I address two different properties if one of them doesn't respond in this context):

#block_calendar_month .sideblockmain .cal_controls a:link {
font-size:3em !important;
color:#FF00FF;
}

firefox with its "DOM Inspector" and the "WEB Developer" extension is a handy tool to get these informations. Below you see a screendump of the CLASS and ID names the "WEB Developer" extension shows.

Good luck
Urs

Attachment cal_classes.png
In reply to Urs Hunkler

Re: Css event categories - formal_white theme

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators

Hello,

Thank you Urs - Sehr gut! I guess that your advice is overkill for this situation and the right kill for many other situations, so the theme that I am talking about is the formal_white. I have set up a version 1.5 of the Moodle and in that version I can see that the 4 events (see attached) are allowed to wrap in two narrower lines than in the 1.4.3+ theme version, or maybe it is the calendar table that somehow is narrower..?

How do I do the same thing for my 1.4.3+ version of the theme, so that the course calendar gets as wide as the rest of the side blocks?

Thank you!

BR
Jens

Attachment EventTags2.png

Re: Css event categories - formal_white theme

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators

Hello,

I have found the reason. It is because the Moodle is set to Danish Language, in Swedish and English I don't see the problem, so I don't know if there is a technical soltion for this issue?

It seems that for Swedish language then the lines wrap into 3 lines and in Danish only in 2 which makes the calendar to wide.

BR
Jens