File response quiz for moodle 2.0 ?

File response quiz for moodle 2.0 ?

av Johan Ericka -
Galle vástádusa: 7

is there any "file response quiz type" for moodle 2.0 ?

is there any trick to install "file response quiz type" add-on into moodle 2.0 ?

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Vástádussan geasa: Johan Ericka

Re: File response quiz for moodle 2.0 ?

av Adriane Boyd -

The file response question type has not been updated to work with 2.0 and there are no quick solutions to make it work with 2.0.  It was never quite finished for 1.9 (submitted files are not saved in backups) and the file handling changed drastically in 2.0, which makes it difficult/time-consuming to update.  Unfortunately, I don't currently have the time to work on it, but I'd be happy to help a programmer who was interested in working on it.

Vástádussan geasa: Adriane Boyd

av Tim Hunt -
Bilde av Core developers Bilde av Documentation writers Bilde av Particularly helpful Moodlers Bilde av Peer reviewers Bilde av Plugin developers

Because of the changes to file handling in 2.0, I think it will be very hard to get a file response question type to work in Moodle 2.0.

It is on my todo list to get one working for 2.1.

av Johan Ericka -

and where do you store all the uploaded file ??

because i have already search for the files and they are gone ?? overraskelse

av Adriane Boyd -

Could you provide more detail about what you're trying to do and the exact problem you're seeing?

Is this with the file response question for 1.9?  Uploaded files for 2.0 in general?  How did you upload the files?  Where are you searching for the files?  etc.

Screenshots and/or copies of error messages are also helpful.

av Johan Ericka -
the problem is my students click "Upload" button but DID NOT click "Submit All & Finish" button so, their file can't show up in the result page (and i don't know whether their file is uploaded or not) then i must try to find out where the files are finally i found it in moodledata directory :D i'm using (back to) moodle 1.9 ....... waiting for moodle 2 file response module .........

av Adriane Boyd -

The files are in moodledata in subdirectories like moodledata/questionattempt/35/41 where 35 is the attempt number and 41 is the question number.  The attempt number and question number are IDs stored in the database and you can figure out the relevant numbers by inspecting various URLs, but they're not really intended to be human-readable.  I don't really recommend trying to find the files in moodledata/questionattempt.

You can find all the files within moodle, which I think is going to be easier that trying to go through the moodledata directories.  If you just need the files for attempts that weren't closed, you'll need to look at the attempts in the "Results->Overview" page.  Click on the "Started on" date to see an open attempt and you should be able to find links to the files that the students uploaded.

To get the attempts to appear on the manual grading page so that you can grade them, you can either try to get your students to submit their quizzes properly (but depending on your student population that might be easier said than done) or you can manually close their quizzes for them.  Here's a thread about how to close students' attempts for them: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=162911.

If this is an ongoing problem where you have lots of students who don't submit their quizzes, there appears to be a hack here that lets you close all attempts for a quiz: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=118343.  I haven't tried it out and from the discussion it looks like it might not work with manually graded questions like file response, but maybe it will help you out.  The discussion in this thread is also helpful.