Thoughts on large SCORM files

Thoughts on large SCORM files

by Russell Coombe -
Number of replies: 1
Anybody have any thoughts or suggestions on the following: We're helping build an SWF based SCO which is likely to be about 100mb in size. It's actually comprised of about twelve chapters and a contents page. Each of the chapters fulfils one objective and the contents page controls what the user can access based on the completion of certain chapters in a certain order. As a single SCO this works fine except for the need to download, via the Internet such a large file. Because of the need for communication between the TOC and chapters, I had though it wasn't possible / practical to split the SCO up outside of SCORM 2004 4th Ed and even then am not sure if it would work. Any thoughts much appreciated. Mack
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Russell Coombe

Re: Thoughts on large SCORM files

by Ian Wright -

Russell, I have an 18-module Flash multimedia course using SCORM 1.2 and totalling 240MB.  Each module has its own objective, however there's no direct connection between modules (i.e. to jump between chapters, if that's what you need).  I'm not quite up and running in 2.0, but close.  Email me direct if you'd like to talk SCO design issues.