moodle 2.0 question edit adds unwanted extra answer fields

moodle 2.0 question edit adds unwanted extra answer fields

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

There are plenty of reasons for wanting to edit a question (correcting a typo, etc) so I do not want the question edit form to systematically add blank answer fields whenever I edit a question. This makes the edit form - which is already horribly long - even longersad.

After all, there is a Blanks for 3 more choices button which I can click if I do need more blank fields.

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: moodle 2.0 question edit adds unwanted extra answer fields

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This behaviour has not changed since Moodle 1.9.

Later this year, one of my colleagues should have time to work on a project to make the question editing forms less horrifically long. I'll encourage him to start a thread in this forum when he is ready to discuss ideas.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: moodle 2.0 question edit adds unwanted extra answer fields

by Pierre Pichet -

If I remember correctly, the actual solution was the result of using moodle form and the constraints related to easy access for disabled users.

Could we think about two interfaces ( casual or expert user) as discussed recently for quiz?

Pierre