Adaptive Mode 2.0

Adaptive Mode 2.0

by Claire Browne -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

Am I right in thinking that if you have a quiz in Adaptive Mode then the student only submits 1 and then they only have one record in the quiz results table?

In my quizzes I have the adaptvie mode and the build on last attempt enabled as well.

It is just that my teachers are getting annoyed that they have to duplicate marking.

They mark the first attempt and then if the student has some parts wrong, the student submits another attempt, the teacher has to remark the correct questions and then mark the corrections in this second attempt.

Because no mark is carried forward from one attempt to the other.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Claire Browne

Re: Adaptive Mode 2.0

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Claire:

1. Are you sure the behavior you describe is different in 2.0 from what it was in 1.9?
  2. I am not clear what you mean by "[my teachers] mark the first attempt. Do you mean they "override grade" in e.g. multiple choice or short answer questions or they "grade" e.g. essays (Requires grading)? Or do you mean the teachers do some kind of "marking"? in the gradebook for that quiz?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Claire Browne -

@Joseph:

The behaviour is the same in 1.9 but I thought 2.0 was going to correct the behaviour.

My teachers are marking a submission which is in a form of a essay style question quiz.

If adaptive mode and attempt to build on last is enabled, I was expecting in the results table for the quiz for their to be only one row with the students multiple attempts for that question. Not 1 row of data per attempt.

In reply to Claire Browne

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Claire "I was expecting in the results table for the quiz for their to be only one row with the students multiple attempts for that question. Not 1 row of data per attempt."

Sorry,  I cannot visualize this. Could you please post a screenshot showing a) what the quiz results page is actually displaying and b) a mockup of what you would like to see instead?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Claire Browne -

This is example A which is what is displaying.

This is what I thought Adaptive mode did, combines all attempts in one row.