Force automatic linking

Force automatic linking

by Mark Penny -
Number of replies: 2

I've reduced the amount of blue in the midst of black by enabling the link only first instance filter. It's not my ideal solution, but it will have to do for now.

Another problem I've noticed is that when only the first instance of a concept is linked, other instances further down the page, such as headings, which you might like to link, cannot be linked. It's either every instance or only the first instance so far. I wonder if it would be possible to have, someday, a force autolinking button to go with the prevent autolinking button, so that additional instances could be linked if desired.

A possible workaround in the meantime would be to disable the link only first instance filter and use the prevent auto linking button to suppress instances you don't want linked. I assume whole sections of text can be prevented from linking in one fell swoop. Not elegant, but probably feasible.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Penny

Workaround works

by Mark Penny -

Yep. The workaround works and the filter cooperates very well by linking the next instance if the first instance is prevented from autolinking.

Still not my ideal solution, but better than the whole problem.

In reply to Mark Penny

Alternate entries

by Mark Penny -

To get autolinks for headings in content pages when previous instances have already stopped further linking, you can create alternate entries which use case and/or whole word to bypass the filter. Of course, this only works if your heading (or other target text) is the first instance of the alternate entry.