postgres7 - does anyone have .php and .sql?

postgres7 - does anyone have .php and .sql?

by Harry Burgin -
Number of replies: 2
My system runs postgresql, not mysql. Hotpot has installed but falls over because postgres7.php is missing. Does anyone have a postgres version of the .php and .sql files, please?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Harry Burgin

Re: postgres7 - does anyone have .php and .sql?

by Thomas Robb -
I"m afraid that the approach I took was mysql-specific. I've got some mysql statements in the hotpot2db.php file which would have to be made more general so that they can be applied to other databases.

I don't have time to work on this now. Hopefully, someone will step forward who can help (please!).
In reply to Harry Burgin

Re: postgres7 - does anyone have .php and .sql?

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Dear Harry,

you may be interested to know that I have spent the day making sure the new HotPotatoes module works with PostgreSQL. There were a couple of "gotchas" but in the end it is all working. The reports, the backup and restore, I can confirm it all worked.

The hardest part for me was installing PostgreSQL and phpPgAdmin, otherwise I would have posted this before the weekend!

Anyway, you can download the latest "PostgreSQL-compatible" version of the new HotPotatoes module from here:
http://bateson.kanazawa-gu.ac.jp/moodle/mod/resource/view.php?id=168

If you decide to try it out, please let me know how you get on.

many thanks
Gordon