Videos from another server

Re: Videos from another server

by David Hallam -
Number of replies: 0

Thanks for the repily Justin i was thinkin of having a look at the youtube plugin to see if it could be modified but have limited programming exp. we are still running with 1.9 but i have just finished a fresh 2.2 install and migrated our 590 courses across. On the 1.9 installation and the 2.2 i have the "TV Store" as we call it as a virtuall directory in the iis with directory browsing for the few people that needed it on the old version. i have done the same on the new 2.2 install but as i think this would get used more and more would like to get the teachers to be able to click and link with minimal fuss.

I was thinking of just using the file picker but dont rearly want to use any more space than needed. Our TV Store at the moment is over 500 gig so dont rearly want to duplcate any of this to yet another server. And with it being a virtuall dir it allows the staff/students access externally while logged in removing the need to externally NAT another server.

Just a shame that you cannot create external url file pickers as you can with the local repos.

im off at the moment but will have a play with the youtube repo when i get back "fingers crossed" smile