Before upgrading my production moodle site to version 2, I am practicing the upgrade process on another server.
The text following this error is:
Debug info: MySQL server has gone away
ALTER TABLE mdl_log MODIFY COLUMN ip VARCHAR(45) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' after userid
* line 397 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: ddl_change_structure_exception thrown
* line 636 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
* line 88 of /lib/ddl/database_manager.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->change_database_structure()
* line 75 of /lib/ddl/database_manager.php: call to database_manager->execute_sql()
* line 636 of /lib/ddl/database_manager.php: call to database_manager->execute_sql_arr()
* line 648 of /lib/ddl/database_manager.php: call to database_manager->change_field_type()
* line 1042 of /lib/db/upgrade.php: call to database_manager->change_field_precision()
* line 1360 of /lib/upgradelib.php: call to xmldb_main_upgrade()
* line 252 of /admin/index.php: call to upgrade_core()
Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0
There is a [Continue] button, which when I click takes me back to the "Your Moodle files have been changed, and you are about to automatically upgrade your server to this version:". On trying to re-run the process I am taken back to the same error.
I am trying to upgrade from moodle 1.9.10+ to 2.0.1+
my environment is:
- php: 5.3.0
- mysql: 5.1.40
- server: MacOS 10.5.8
Any suggestions will be gratefully received.
I should add that I have successfully installed a fresh install of version 2.0.1+on this same server.