Welcome message & login screen

Welcome message & login screen

by Mathew Varghese -
Number of replies: 24

Hello Everyone,

Can anyone teach me how to make the login screen on the right side and the welcome message on the left side? The default is login on the left and welcome on the right.

Thanks, Mathew

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mathew Varghese

Re: Welcome message & login screen

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Which moodle version are you refering to?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Siddharth Patel -

Hi Mary..

I have the same question to ask, I want my login in middle and want to remove the message as well as the 'login as a guest' option.

I am using moodle 2.0 and my parent theme is 'base'.

Regards..

Thanks in advance..

Siddharth

In reply to Siddharth Patel

by Danny Wahl -

delete the welcome message from the admin settings page and disable guest access.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Sue Holtz -

Using 2.0, which Admin category's settings page?

And in what file/folder does that code get entered?

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Sue Holtz -

To clarify - (I am working in 2.0)

1. I removed the Welcome message, so now only the LOGIN option shows in the center of the page. I would like to have a message show, but I can't remember how I disabled the Welcome message.
  2. Once I get the message back, how do I edit it?
In reply to Sue Holtz

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Site-Administration > Plugins > Authentication

In reply to Mary Evans

by Sue Holtz -

Mary,

Thank you for your response, but I feel really dense. I am not seeing it. Here is what I see at authentication:

http://screencast.com/t/yf6IXHCQH

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Mary Evans -

Look at all 4 options. Each link has it's own setting's page. Email registration is the page where you can add/ alter the message.

The other page link are more to do with settings.  Just look at them and decide what if anything you need to have or not have as the case may be.

HTH

MaryE

In reply to Mary Evans

by Sue Holtz -

Thank you for your patience. I found it under the table on the Manage Authentication page (and then realized that you must save your changes before you leave the page to make it work). Why I did not see it before is beyond me, but any way - Happy Dance big grin

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Mary Evans -

Sorry I got that wrong...anyway...glad you got it to work in the end!

At least I hope you did!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Steve McGuire -
Mary,

Whether you got it wrong or not, I finally managed to figure this out thanks to your message. I just couldn't seem to get the "Create New Account" back.

I turned it off before when I got my first spam users, but our process has changed and I can't use the program I used to have students log onto which provided the csv file for enrolling them in Moodle.

I'm still working all this out, but I really appreciate the help.

Steve

In reply to Steve McGuire

by Mary Evans -

Hi Steve,

If this is the same problem I am thinking of, you need to set this up in two places. First I think under Users and the other under Plugins (Email Authentications). The CLOSED EYE indicating that this option is HIDDEN, this need to be set to OPEN EYE.

I'll go and look how this is done. It's ages since I set my own site up.

Mary

In reply to Sue Holtz

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Sue - do you mean that all your users see is the log in message when they get to your Moodle, and nothing else? In which case you might have set it to "force users to login" -this setting is in site admin>security>site policies and needs to be unchecked.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Sue Holtz -

Mary,

Thank you, but that is unchecked. I can't figure out what I am missing.

In reply to Mathew Varghese

by Danny Wahl -

it's very simple:

.loginbox.twocolumns .loginpanel { float: right; }

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Will Flatbush -

Hi Daniel

I just read your post about the login screen. I have been checking my css and it mentions two colums.

.loginbox.twocolumns .loginpanel {float:left:width:49%;text-align:center}
.loginbox.twocolumns .signuppanel {float:left;width:50%;border-left:1px solid #DDD}

There is some more. All the information points to two columns side by side. But my sign up panel is displaying below the login panel.  I tried float:right for the sign up panel and it did float to the right side but it is still below the level of the login panel.

You can see that @ http://school.obygrace.org/

I was hoping you might have an idea how to display it side by side. The theme is formal white. I have tried other themes and it seems to be perfectly OK with them. This only happens with formal white.

Thanks

In reply to Will Flatbush

by Danny Wahl -

Sure,  this will fix it.  Just replace the second line that you posted above with the following:

.loginbox.twocolumns .signuppanel { border-left: 0 none; float: right; width: 49%; }

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Will Flatbush -

Hey Daniel

That did it. Thanks. While I have you I was wondering if I could ask just one more thing. The fonts in this theme are really miniscule. I found a discussion thread here and according to that I bumped up the font size to 1.2 ems in the formalwhite.css and editor.css but I am not seeing the effect on the website and for the editor 1.2 ems seems to be a bit much for the editor. How much points or ems would give an effect like on this website.

In the formalwhite.css I had bumped the body font size.

by Mary Evans -

Hi Will,

I was...or was meaning to answer this last night but got distracted with another theme problem. However, although you have got this fixed, I found that if you deleted ALL the CSS related to the Login in Formal White, the CSS is then picked up from the Base theme and it works great! So as a last resort, you can delete as well as add CSS. smile

Cheers

Mary

by Danny Wahl -

it looks like

theme: formal white

sheet: base

line: 2

body, div, p, li, input, option, textarea { font-size: 8pt; line-height: 1.5em; }

That's where you'd want to change it I suppose.

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Will Flatbush -

Yeah Daniel. This was the right place. I discovered something - make the changes, take a nice nap, come again after 24 hours and things get updated ! Thanks

In reply to Danny Wahl

by Arturs Polis -

Hi Danny!

Is there a way to change from the two-column layout to a single-column and centered layout by using CSS? 

In reply to Arturs Polis

by Mary Evans -

Hi,

Danny left to work in USA and not here much any more. But I can answer the question

Here is all the CSS for the login.

https://github.com/lazydaisy/moodle/blob/master/theme/bootstrapbase/less/moodle/core.less#L515-L601

The key is in the widths of the two columns.

cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Arturs Polis -

Hi, Mary!

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!!!

I figured out a tweak that works for me:

.loginbox.twocolumns .loginpanel {

width: 100%; 

}

.loginbox.twocolumns .signuppanel {

width: 100%; float: none;

}

Warmly, 

Arturs