RPC XML Parse error in payload:not well-formed (invalid token) At line number: 8

RPC XML Parse error in payload:not well-formed (invalid token) At line number: 8

by Jamal Aruna -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

i have tried networking two moodle sites on the same server(version 1.9) with the same configuration according to the Mnet documentation and each time i try to roam from the "network servers" block of moodle A to moodle B i get the error: RPC auth/mnet/user_authorise:XML Parse error in payload: not well-formed (invalid token) At line number: 8 Which reads:ERROR 3:3:XML Parse error in payload: not well-formed (invalid token) At line number: 8 Which reads:

can someone please help!

thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jamal Aruna

Re: RPC XML Parse error in payload:not well-formed (invalid token) At line number: 8

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello,

turn Debugging mode to the most verbose level and check the web server's error log.

d.
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: RPC XML Parse error in payload:not well-formed (invalid token) At line number: 8

by Jamal Aruna -

Thanks David

i turned debugging on and i got the following errors

Stack trace:
  • line 1664 of lib/deprecatedlib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 287 of auth/mnet/auth.php: call to error()
  • line 32 of auth/mnet/land.php: call to auth_plugin_mnet->confirm_mnet_session()

i dont have access to the cpanel web server error log.

Anything else i can do please?

Thank you!!

In reply to Jamal Aruna

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
If both sites share the same host server name, make sure they both have different cookie prefix defined in Administration ► Server ► Session Handling. Otherwise, I have no idea why the error is thrown. It is caused by a session user mismatch.

d.
In reply to David Mudrák

by Jamal Aruna -

Thanks David,

i have tried using two different hosts now and am still getting same error even with the new download of moodle 1.9(1.9.10+(build:20110125)).The installation and testing was even done on 2 different browsers.1 browser each for each server.what else can i do please?

Thank you

Jamal

In reply to Jamal Aruna

by John Andrewartha -

It sound like a old token is stuck in the DB.  You can try deleting the hosts and renewing the certificates then, re enabling each host.

That Should force a clean up and I hope fix your problem.