How to add the edit bar in the Files area

Re: How to add the edit bar in the Files area

by Colin Fraser -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Now that, I can understand. I started out in HTML before there was a commercial tool. I think I used a package called Web-Spider once or twice but it was actually easier to use a hand written "template", and code it all by hand. It was only a bit later that we were adding style sheets and some "additional functionality" with javascript, rollovers, conditional linking and such, DHTML, but still all coded by hand. I think I still got my javascript library around somewhere, bound to be on a CD... The long and the short of this is that HTML is so easy to edit in the Moodle environment because it is straight forward. Perhaps one day things will be different, but for the nonce, it is easy to pick up. So I never considered the idea of the tool bar being useful in the HTML environment, and wondered why it would even be considered a good idea... mmm Oh well, that is what I like about these forums, I am learning all the time..smile

EDIT: Rereading it.. wasn't there a largish discussion about using event handlers a couple of years back? I seem to recall it, but I do not think the issue has come up since... and don't get me started on MSOHTML..