SCORM and Captivate

SCORM and Captivate

by Ryan Marshall -
Number of replies: 10

I am new to Moodle...

I am teaching a class that has 10 chapters. Each chapter has been created in Captivate, and out put as a SCORM 1.2 package (ziped).

I created a Course with the Topic style. I'd like each topic to be a chapter and use the scorm activity for each chapter.

So I created a chapter 1 topic and selected the chpater 1 scorm zip and clicked save and return to coures and the goes blank. What did I do wrong? Do I need to put the files in a specific place?

oh I am using a test moodle 1.9 on a XP machine.

Thanks for your help

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ryan Marshall

Re: SCORM and Captivate

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ryan Marshall -

THanks for the link/info.

Now when I select the scorm file and click choose it returns to the updating screen. I click on the save and return to course button, It comes back and says manifest file not found. I looked in the zip file and the imsmanifest.xmlis in the top layer. Did I miss somthing?

In reply to Ryan Marshall

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

try unzipping the zip in your course files area (in it's own directory) - then instead of selecting the zip file, select the imsmanifest.xml in the extracted dir.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ian Wright -

That's a practical solution for <= version1.9, that appears not to work for Moodle 2 with its hashed file names.  Is unzipping in Moodle 2 constrained by file size? 

In reply to Ian Wright

by Dan Marsden -

Moodle 2.0 has much better Zip handling so the same issues don't really apply - but it's relatively easy to set up a Repository of SCORM objects with the new SCORM API which could have the files unzipped.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ian Wright -

Thanks, Dan.  But more explanation, please?  I have unzipped the SCORM course in a repository but the file picker only allows me to select one file at a time.  Quite apart from imsmanifest.xml, there are file folders to get into the system.

More on my issue follows on from the topic at  http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=158881 

In reply to Ian Wright

by Dan Marsden -

you just select the imsmanifest.xml file as per usual. hopefully that should work...

...but you're kinda on your own at the moment - no one else has tried this (AFAIK) and I haven't had time to check it out yet. but theoretically it should all work.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ian Wright -

Tried that, and got:

Notice: Undefined variable: sco in C:\moodle2\mod\scorm\datamodels\aicclib.php on line 588 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\moodle2\mod\scorm\datamodels\aicclib.php on line 588 Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$incomplete in C:\moodle2\mod\scorm\locallib.php on line 763

Same result with two separate lessons... then if I ignore the error and try to launch the lesson, the consequent error message is:

Notice: Undefined variable: sco in C:\moodle2\mod\scorm\datamodels\aicclib.php on line 588 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\moodle2\mod\scorm\datamodels\aicclib.php on line 588 Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$sco in C:\moodle2\mod\scorm\player.php on line 110 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\moodle2\mod\scorm\player.php on line 116 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\moodle2\mod\scorm\player.php on line 127 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\moodle2\mod\scorm\player.php on line 130 Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\moodle2\mod\scorm\player.php on line 131

and below the empty TOC:

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in C:\moodle2\mod\scorm\player.php on line 140

In reply to Ian Wright

by Dan Marsden -

hmmm - looks like this might need some more work - can you please create a tracker issue for it and explain all the steps you used to create the repo etc?

thanks!