QuizPort vs. Task Chain: Moodle less than 2.0

QuizPort vs. Task Chain: Moodle less than 2.0

by Jeff Finnan -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Gordon,

For Moodle installations that are slow to migrate to 2.0 and beyond, will QuizPort remain named as such? Will you still be providing support for the "old-fashioned" QuizPort? Even though at this stage, QuizPort works quite well and most of us have ferreted out just about all the bugs. I suspect very little additional support is needed.

Thanks,

Jeff

PS. It seems like it was not too long ago, you were debating what to call it. It has grown up fast.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Finnan

Re: QuizPort vs. Task Chain: Moodle less than 2.0

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Jeff,
thank you for your help in ferretting out the bugs. Please continue to be vigilant wink

• the QuizPort module is for Moodle 1.x
  • theTaskChain module is for Moodle 2.x
  • the HotPot module is for Moodle 1.x and 2.x

With the help of this community, I will continue support all three modules, to the best of my abilities, for as long as I am able.

regards
Gordon

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Jeff Finnan -

Gordon,

Thanks. I presumed so but just wanted to make sure.  Up to now I have run my own Moodle installation, but I have found a receptive ear in my new district. The last district I was in didn't even have HotPot activated. I want to propose that they add the QuizPort module. I want to make sure that all my t's are crossed and and my i's are dotted.

For my purposes QuizPort has been working perfectly and have not updated in a while.

Thanks again,

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Jeff,

please encourage your district to buy an "institutional" QuizPort license ($300), then you get the backup/restore scripts - and the development and support of QuizPort and friends gets a boost too smile

thanks
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Jeff Finnan -

They actually installed QuizPort! I was worried they would go "bureaucratic" on me. I will be likely training several of my fellow science teachers how to use it.

I'll worry about backup down the road for now.

Later,

Jeff

In reply to Jeff Finnan

by Gordon Bateson -

Great news - well done! Don't forget to show off using superscripts and subscripts in those chemistry formulae smile

Gordon